Certainly! Here’s a blog post on opportunities after BDS in India and various clinical courses run by Odontos Eduversity for BDS Dental Graduates in India.
After completing BDS, there are several career options available in India. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Master’s degree in dental surgery: Pursuing a Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) can give you a deeper knowledge of the field. It is the highest educational degree in the field of dentistry and can improve your chances of getting a job as a dentist in reputed institutions. You can choose your area of specialization depending on your interests. Some specialization options during M.D.S. are prosthodontics, orthodontics, operative dentistry, and conservative dentistry 1.
- Master’s degree in public health: Pursuing a Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) can be a good idea if you want to study abroad. It is a two-year graduate-level degree that focuses on public health and is a non-clinical role. There are several colleges in Australia, the USA, the UK, and European countries that offer this course. As public health is becoming a priority, there are plenty of job opportunities in this field, and you can contribute to the general health and wellbeing of others. You can also continue your career as a dentist after completing your M.P.H. degree 1.
- Master’s degree in business administration: If you want to shift to a non-clinical role or a managerial role after completing your BDS, you can pursue a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) with a focus on hospital management or healthcare management. Due to the need for a good healthcare system in the country, there is a lot of scope in this field. M.B.A. after BDS is a popular career choice among dentistry students 1.
- Lecturer: If you have previous experience as a dentist, becoming a lecturer can be a career path as several dental colleges look for dental faculty with previous experience 1.
Odontos Eduversity offers several clinical courses for BDS Dental Graduates in India. Some of the courses are:
- Advanced Endodontics: This course is designed to provide advanced knowledge and skills in endodontics. The course covers topics such as diagnosis, treatment planning, and management of complex endodontic cases 2.
- Advanced Prosthodontics: This course is designed to provide advanced knowledge and skills in prosthodontics. The course covers topics such as complete denture prosthodontics, removable partial denture prosthodontics, and fixed prosthodontics 2.
- Advanced Implantology: This course is designed to provide advanced knowledge and skills in implantology. The course covers topics such as implant placement, implant restoration, and implant maintenance 2.
- Advanced Orthodontics: This course is designed to provide advanced knowledge and skills in orthodontics. The course covers topics such as diagnosis, treatment planning, and management of complex orthodontic cases 2.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.