Dentistry is a popular medical course that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Dental medicine, also known as dentistry, is a branch of medicine that focuses on oral health. Students typically pursue a bachelor’s and master’s degree in this field in order to become a Dentist and begin independent practice or work in healthcare centers and hospitals.
General Dentistry Courses in India
General dentistry courses are designed to provide practical training in all aspects of dental practice. General dentistry practice is the art and science of providing the best dental treatments to your patients. For good dental practice, you need to develop not only clinical skills but also the skills to run and manage a dental practice.
One of the best general dentistry courses in India is offered by Odontos Eduversity’s Academy of General Dentistry in Chandigarh (Zirakpur). This course is a 12-week extensive practical training program for dentists who want to start or improve their general dental practice. The course covers all the common dental procedures such as root canal treatment, crown and bridge, composite restoration, extraction, scaling and polishing, etc. The course also teaches soft skills such as communication, marketing, patient management, etc.
The course provides hands-on practice on patients under the guidance of expert mentors. There is always a ratio of one mentor and one student for complete learning and doubt resolution. The course also includes observation of some of the finest dental procedures performed by the mentors. The course fee is INR 2.0 lakh.
Other Courses for Dentists after BDS in India
Apart from general dentistry courses, there are other options for dentists who want to pursue higher education or specialization after BDS in India. Some of these options are:
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS): This is a postgraduate degree that lasts two to three years and allows dentists to specialize in various branches of dentistry such as orthodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics, oral surgery, etc. MDS admission is based on entrance exams such as NEET MDS or AIIMS PG. The average fee for MDS ranges from INR 2 lakh to INR 5 lakh per year2.
- PhD in Dental Sciences: This is a doctoral degree that lasts three to six years and involves research in a specific area of dentistry. PhD admission is based on entrance exams such as UGC NET or CSIR NET. The average fee for PhD ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 15 lakh per year2.
- Dental Diploma Courses: These are short-term courses that last two years and provide practical training in specific dental procedures such as implantology, endodontics, cosmetic dentistry, etc. Dental diploma courses are offered by various institutes such as IGNOU, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, etc. The average fee for dental diploma courses ranges from INR 5,000 to INR 2 lakh per year2.
- Dental Certificate Courses: These are shorter courses that last six months to one year and provide basic knowledge and skills in various aspects of dentistry such as dental assistant, dental hygiene, dental radiology, etc. Dental certificate courses are offered by various institutes such as Smile Care India, Indian Dental Association, etc. The average fee for dental certificate courses ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 5 lakh per year2.
- Online Dental Courses: These are free or low-cost courses that can be accessed online and provide theoretical and practical knowledge in various topics related to dentistry such as anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, etc. Online dental courses are offered by various platforms such as Coursera, edX, Udemy, etc.
Dentistry is a rewarding and challenging career that requires continuous learning and improvement. Dentists can choose from various courses and options after BDS in India to enhance their knowledge and skills and provide better services to their patients.
finishing course dental clinical course after bds, finishing course dental clinical course after bds punjab, finishing course dental clinical course after bds mohali, finishing course dental clinical course after bds gurgaon, finishing course dental clinical course after bds delhi, finishing course dental clinical course after bds abroad, finishing course dental clinical course after bds in india, finishing course dental clinical course after bds in canada, dental clinical courses